Tuesday, September 16, 2014

How To Take a Cold Shower with Long Hair


Dad wrote about this, I know. But see, his description, though well explained and completely accurate, left out a major detail. He has no hair, therefore, he doesn't have to wash it. Girls do. So now we give it over to girl with the longest hair, Liesel.

HI! This is Liesel. First, I would turn the cold water on and dunk my head in. I lean over to make sure it doesn't drip down my back because it's cold. Zoe or Dora help me put the shampoo in my hair and wash it really well. Then I dunk my head in the water again. I splash a little bit of water on myself and then scrub myself with the my favorite soap. Then my whole body goes in the water and I hold my breath to make sure it doesn't get in my mouth. And then I would turn the water off. And then I would comb my hair. And then I would get on my clothes, of course. So that's it.

Some days, when we have the time, we boil water and mix it with cold water in a bucket and bathe that way. But that's another story to be told another time. No little girls were harmed in the making of this blog post.

1 comment: